Why would external reports not match the Source Medium dashboard?
Note: Most modules in your Source Medium dashboard allow for a change in time granularity (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) and can be altered at your request. We do not provide custom time calculations at this time (i.e. fiscal, rolling weeks, etc).
How to check Source Medium dashboard data accuracy If your data doesn’t match or seems inaccurate against external sources, such as an agency or another reporting software, please take time to consider the common discrepancies below:
• Shopify reports: If you have requested to
exclude $0 net revenue orders then your gross revenue, total revenue, discounts, and refunds will not match Shopify numbers
◦ Non-U.S. store specific: If your store settings are set
taxes included then revenue may be off. You can work with our dev team to align this correctly in our data model
• Facebook reports: Check using a 7-day attribution window. This is the default for all Source Medium customers.
• Google Ads reports: Check using the attribution window set in your account and only count purchase conversions and revenue. This is the default for all Source Medium customers.
• Minor discrepancies with recent days (eg past 7 days): often caused by Facebook or Google dynamically taking credit for purchases happening within the day using the attribution window set in the account. These numbers are reconciled daily at 1:00 AM PST, when data is ingested to Source Medium.
Source Medium is Source of Truth reporting, which means the data that is surfaced is pulled raw from the data source/platform, transformed, and then provided for the BI layer (Looker Studio dashboard, or BYOBI)
Questions? Reach out on Slack or email@example.com