Why don’t external reports don't match the Source Medium dashboard?
Note: Source Medium passes in numbers from your platforms to our dashboards. In dashboards you can set report filters to daily, weekly or monthly time - and you can set time period aggregation to weekly or monthly. We do not provide custom time calculations at this time.
How to check Source Medium dashboard data accuracy If your data doesn’t match, or seems inaccurate between external sources (i.e. agencies) and Source Medium dashboards, then first check that Source Medium dashboard numbers are correct. Here are the most common discrepancies:
• Shopify reports: If you have requested to
exclude $0 net revenue orders then your gross revenue, total revenue, discounts, and refunds will not match Shopify numbers
◦ Non-U.S. store specific: If your store settings are set
taxes included then revenue may be off. You can work with our dev team to align this correctly in our data model
• Facebook reports: Check using a 7 day attribution window. This is the default for all Source Medium customers.
• Google Ads reports: Check using the attribution window set in your account and only count purchase conversions and revenue. This is the default for all Source Medium customers.
• Minor discrepancies with recent days (eg past 7 days): often caused by Facebook or Google dynamically taking credit for purchases happening within the day using the attribution window set in the account. These numbers are reconciled daily at 1:00 AM PST, when data is ingested to Source Medium.
If you match these filters in Source Medium to your external agency report and still find inaccuracies, please contact support and provide a link or screenshot demonstrating the inaccuracy.
Questions? Reach out on Slack or firstname.lastname@example.org