Why Source Medium is the single source of truth for analytically minded eCommerce brands.
- Why Source Medium is the single source of truth for analytically minded eCommerce brands.
- 1. Overview of Source Medium
- 2. A turnkey analytics hub
- 3. Customizable Executive dashboards
- 4. Source Medium’s key features
- 5. Asking analytical questions
1. Overview of Source Medium
Source Medium is a trusted data and analytics product for high growth omni-channel, digital first brands.
We help our customers create a singular view of their operations by centralizing data from 50+ platforms (see our current list of available integrations). Our experience launching and growing eCommerce brands and servicing hundreds more ensures that every report & visualization is accurate, relevant, insightful, and actionable
We are currently working with some of the fastest growing omnichannel eCommerce brands with annual run rate GMVs ranging from $10 - $100 million.
2. A turnkey analytics hub
Source Medium’s analytics dashboards have been carefully curated to surface the most important insights for your business. All users will have access to a range of modules that include:
- Executive Summaries - over 100+ KPIs on one dashboard, ranging from revenue and order level details to active subscribers counts (if applicable) and YoY tracking.
- Acquisition and Retention - various dashboards covering marketing performance on major ad channels (Meta, Google, Snap, TikTok, among others), email marketing, influencer tracking, and customer lifetime value and repurchase analyses.
- Deep Dives - our most powerful dashboards provide your team deeper insights into customers’ first and last order behavior, order-level purchasing patterns and sales, and individual product performance.
Example 1: The Executive Summary is a central hub for key performance indicators
Example 2: Intuitive and actionable cohort visualizations
Example 3: Granular customer, order, and product-level deep dives
3. Customizable Executive dashboards
Source Medium is similar to a set of lego blocks. Our Executive dashboards are flexible based on the needs of your business; we can rearrange, swap out, or create new metrics and visualizations using the proprietary Source Medium data layer. Our Customer Solutions Analysts are dedicated to helping members of your team raise analytical questions and surface the right actionable metrics. Our constantly expanding Template Gallery provides inspirations for visualizations we have co-designed with our customers.
Example 1: Setting monthly targets with Source Medium scorecards
4. Source Medium’s key features
While there are plenty of data visualization and reporting solutions out in the market, Source Medium’s differentiation is in our customer first approach to asking and solving analytical questions. Source Medium will:
- Ensure that your data is clean and accurate in order to understand your true blended CAC and ROAS across your entire digital marketing efforts
- Help to understand retention rates, lifetime value (LTV), and repurchasing behaviors of your most valuable customers
- Accurately attribute each order with the proper UTM tracking parameters – Source Medium can routinely attribute UTMs to up to 10-30% more orders than Google Analytics
- Understand your product performance on a product or SKU level, as well as products most commonly purchased together.
- Get a clear understanding of your influencer performance and ROI with a custom influencer tracking solution
- Continue to grow our data connection footprint to meet your omni-channel needs with insightful and actionable data
- Receive customized reports emailed on a schedule that works for you
- Actionable daily Slack sales reporting on key business metrics
5. Asking analytical questions
The foundation of Source Medium is to empower analytically minded teams that are willing to ask questions about business performance. We have witnessed that as teams begin to build the neural pathways to ask and answer certain questions, Source Medium usage moves beyond the summary level statistics to advanced deep dives and customizations.
Some of the early common analytical questions we’ve noticed include:
Which marketing channels are driving repeat purchases?
Repurchase Analysisdeep dive includes a selection of charts that depict the story of repeat orders
What percentage of my orders are first time vs. repeat? What percentage of my subscription orders are first time vs. repeat?
Are my cohorts profitable relative to my blended cost per acquisition?
How many new customers are coming from subscription vs. non-subscription orders?
How many customers are on a given order number across my most recent sales? How many days do customers wait between successive purchases?
How many customers are converting from a particular Source / Medium and re-converting from the same or different Source / Medium?
Questions? Reach out on Slack or firstname.lastname@example.org